ZTIWindowsupdate has run And Failed too Many Times. Microsoft – Printer 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM 10.0.15063.0
Recently I discovered a really annoyoing issue when:
Deploying with MDT
Both Windows 10 1703 and Windows 10 1709
Here´s the issue, when running the Windows update step in the MDT, it hangs on some Updates
Biggest question, What it is?
Its two drivers,
Microsoft to PDF
And somehow it causes the Windowsupdate to retry,retry and retry. Its simpely cant succeed. These updates are not in the WSUS just when you going to microsoft.com
My solution is to “Disable” the feature before the updates, and “Enable” them after the updates. Because it bad drivers from Microsoft.
1. First, Open the Task Sequence that you are deploying.
2. Add a Step into the task sequence. (Make sure you add it After Windows is Installed, Add it just before Windows update is running.)
AddRolesUninstall Roles and Features
3. Check Microsoft Print to PDF
4. Check XPS Services
5. Then We add a new step in the task sequence. Pretty down in the task sequence. Just before “Apply Local GPO Package”
AddRolesInstall Roles and Features
6. Check Microsoft Print to PDF
7. Check XPS Services
8. Then apply
9. Update your Deploymentshare and try again. On my machine it solved the issue. Good luck!